Geocell is an effective cellular confinement system providing a cost-effective solution for ground stabilisation, erosion control and earth retention on slopes.
An innovative geosynthetic product Geocell is a lightweight and flexible cellular structure made from connected polyethylene strips. By ultrasonically bonding the strips together an extremely strong and flexible configuration is produced. A variety infill materials can be filled into the geocell system; aggregate, concrete, sand, soil, etc.
The variety of infill materials provides a versatile and economical geosynthetic solution for many applications including:
- Slope Protection: Prevents sliding by providing sufficient weight at the foot and along the face of the slope.
- Earth Protection: Prevents erosion actions of wind and water on exposed soils.
- Channel Protection: Protects channel slopes from soil erosion and confines the infill materials of channel bed and banks.
Textured or Smooth:
The decision to use Smooth or Textured is up to the customer. The main benefit from using Textured over Smooth is the higher degree of frictional interaction between the infill material and the geocell wall. This results in increases of the stiffness of the system by reducing the ability of a shear plane developing between the infill and the cell wall. With larger aggregate this difference is negated.
Slope Protection Applications:
Most slope protection applications utilize 10 cm (4 in) depth, standard cell sections. However, this is a function of (1) the potential minimum angle of repose (fiction angle) of the infill material, (2) the slope inclination, (3) the slope length of the individual cell, (4) the depth of the cell, and (5) the characteristics of the infill material.
Cell size is governed by slope geometry and design cover thickness.
Steep slopes must have global stability or be internally reinforced before application of the geocell system. The single-layer geocell system has been used on slopes as steep as 75 degrees. The controlling factors are the angle of repose (friction angle) of the infill material and slope inclination. Steep slope applications will require additional anchoring mechanisms such as polymeric tendons with the anchor system.
Anchor methods used to secure the geocell system to a slope include wood stakes, metal J-pins, and other earth / tension anchors. Stakes bear against the top of the cell wall or against tendons passing through the cell. Anchor array spacing is determined through static analysis methods.
A variety of polymeric tendons covering a range of tensile strengths are available to meet anchorage requirements when anchor stakes cannot be used for the following reasons (1) they become too numerous, (2) geomembrane liner cannot be punctured, or (3) rock is present in the embankment. Integral polymeric tendons are tied to restraint pins to transfer sliding forces to the tendons. The tendons are then attached to an anchoring system at the top of the slope. Spacing and quantity of tendons are determined through static analysis methods.
Generally sections are connected to prevent relative movement of sections during the infilling operation using rivets or heavy-duty metal staples applied with a pneumatic stapler. A variety of rivets/ staples are available to meet site environmental conditions.
Advantages of the Perforated Cells:
- In load support applications, a high degree of frictional interaction is developed between the aggregate infill and the cell wall that directly increases the stiffness of the system by reducing the ability of a shear plane developing between the infill and the cell wall.
- In all application areas, the perforations allow water to move from cell to cell reducing undesirable cell ponding and providing lateral drainage.
- In vegetated slope and channel protection systems, roots can grow through the perforations increasing the stability of the vegetated cover when subjected to gravitational and hydrodynamic forces.
If you are interested in our products or need more tech data,pls email or phone to ue!we will reply soon.tel/fax:+86-538-6616366 Contact:Mr Wang E-mail:email@example.com